Tuesday 13 May 2008

Medical Check-Up

I just got a call from my new employer that I am suppose to go for a Pre-employment Medical Check-Up on the 20th May. Die Die Die. I hate medical checkups. What do they check anyway ? I know they x-ray ur lungs and test ur urine but this one they wanna take my BLOOD !!!

Helppppp........!!! I am panicking now. What if they find some thing there ?

Okay i need to calm down. I'm sure it's nothing. I mean they won't simply waste so much money just to test if you have cancer or anything right ? I heard they have a special cancer marking test which is totally different from the normal blood test. Okay Okay. Calm down and think positive. There's nothing wrong with me. I can eat, I can drink, I can sleep. I'm fine. I'm healthy.

I think I will go jogging everyday from tommorow onwards to flush out all the toxins. And oh yeah, quit smoking and drinking for at least this week. Right, that's what i'll do. Everything will be alright. I'm worrying myself over nothing. And furthermore, worrying will get me nowhere except add a few more white hairs and worst, some lines to my face.

*Takes 10 deep breaths*

They say happiness is the key to good health.

I'm fine. I'm healthy. I'm normal. I'm happy. I'm enjoying my life.

6 comments:

Royal Paladin said...

Before I joined Public Bank, I was instructed to undergo a medical checkup. It's a standard medical checkup commonly applied.

During medical checkup, I had:
Chest X-ray
Urine test
Sight test
Breathing examination
Ear, back, eye, throat inspection
Weight and height measurement
Verbal reference

Cancer test, MRI etc. rarely, if not possible. Too expensive, and no employer want to spend so much money on specific medical checkup. We are talking about many candidates on recruitment each year.

My friend who is working in Ernst & Young accounting firm (aka The Big 4, Top Ten Best Employer) underwent the same procedure of medical check up as me. He had extra, blood test.

So, no need to be panic. You never take drugs, do you? I hope my girlfriend is not one drug addict.

(^_^)

Aaron Tan said...

man utd are champions! you should be happy. if happy, then you should be healthy. hehe..

Corinne said...

yep MU ARE CHAMPIONS...im sooo happy...im so NOT thinking abt the medical checkup which is 7 days away...lolzz..

It's Me said...

ah corinne siu jeh, u siao kau mei? scared ur head lar....

Unknown said...

Corrine, I know it's been a while since this post, but let me tell you this: as much as you hate pre-employment medical check-up, it's actually for your welfare. Sure, you are happy and you believe that's a key to being healthy, but happiness alone can't secure you from bacteria, viruses and infections. For instance, blood and other laboratory tests will insure your body is clean from impurities. Moreover, the company wouldn't want to compromise their business by not making sure they hire fit people to work. I hope you passed the check-up, by the way! Alejandra @ USHealthWorks.com

testforstd said...

Thanks for sharing information ..

Please visit below link for related services

Visit Here : Medical Checkup Near Me