Monday 21 April 2008

The Punch Card Machine


The picture above is my worst nightmare.

Every morning, when i drive to work, i have to drive like a mad road bully or else the time in my card turns red and some people will gleefully run into my boss's room and moan that Yes, Corinne is late again. It doesnt matter that you work till 6pm or 9pm. You have to come on time. You can't be 1 - 2 minutes late. Punctuality is very important. I'd like to know if it is so bloody important, what's with the delay in our salary ??! Isn't punctuality IMPORTANT ??!

You cannot imagine the panic i feel every morning when i turn out into the federal highway and see a long stretch of cars. When i reach the traffic lights at Western Digital and it is RED with a long queue, i panic again. I will keep looking at the clock on my car and praying the lights will turn green ASAP. If the police ever stop me, i will tell them to follow me to the office and let me punch in first before they issue me the summon. I know what you're thinking. Why can't i wake up earlier abit to go to work ? Sigh... The problem is every morning when i wake up, i think of my office environment and it just turns me off.

The politics, backstabbings and spies. Oh god, not another day filled with fake smiles and fake gratitude again.

See, this punch card thing is really stupid. Let me tell you that we do have an access card. In fact, not one access card. We have two. When you reach the front door, you have to use one card & pin to go in. When u reach upstairs, u have to swipe the other and key in another pin. Then you punch ur card.

Now who in their right mind uses a punch card in an IT company ? Are we working part time ? Do we have 50 staffs? We only have less than 10 people for god's sake. Didn't they know that all attendance time can be tracked with the access card instead of keying in one by one in an excel sheet ?

Ok, so this is the company's policy and being an employee, I respect their decision and will follow their policies and procedures.

But how i'd like to smash that stupid punch card machine to pieces especially when i am only 1 bloody minute late !!! And ohhhh my fingers are so itching to slap the big mouth !!!!

No comments: