Sunday 8 June 2008

Ipoh Trip

Went to Ipoh last weekend for a food trip. We started out early, about 9am and reached there at 11.30am. First stop was of course the famous Ipoh Hor Fun.

I've never tasted squid & kangkung with peanut sauce. It's YUMMY !


The famous Ipoh Hor fun:


Ordered Satay and this chicken spare part. I don't know what it was, didn't touch it. I think it's liver?

After this heavy breakfast/lunch, we check-in to our hotel, went sight seeing abit and visit one of our friend's family. They then had beef noodle and it's back to the hotel again for some relaxation and drinking games. What's a trip without drinks rite? We were suppose to visit one of the local bars but ended up at the hotel playing this:


Next morning, I woke up with a very bad sore throat and slight fever. I didn't join them for dim sum. From the looks of this it must have tasted good:


After breakfast, we packed and check out. Time for the famous Curry Mee! This is my favourite. Although my throat was on the verge of bursting, I took loads of fisherman's and had this dry curry mee noodle (minus the bean sprout)


This is the soup-based one. Some of them had this. The soup is so different from those in KL.



Sweet custard. Didn't eat this. Already too full.


Before we depart back to KL, we went to Oldtown for their famous coffee. As you know, I've already quit coffee 2 months ago but I took a few sips.



Another fun food trip. I'd drive to Ipoh now for a bowl of Curry Mee !

No comments: