Thursday 18 September 2008

Thanking The LORD

Someone is trying to give me HELL.

The Car Incident

After lunch, me & colleagues saw this Iswara's tyre which was punctured. We were all laughing thinking how the poor GIRL (yes, we assumed it's a girl) will let her tyres be like that.

Come 2++, I went to my car to drive to an event. After reversing my car, i heard a "clunking" sound issued by one of my tyres. OH NOOOOO !!! With a sinking feeling, I went out to check and sure enough, my front right tyre is punctured. Wat the..... ??! KARMA for laughing at people ??! I called my colleagues and they help me to change to my spare tyre. They're so helpful coz I parked at B3 and it was so freaking hot. After installing the spare, we found out that it is FLAT too!! HA HA. I got cursed by them coz I am those typical GIRL who do not know a thing about cars and whatever.

Somehow, we manage to drive to the nearest workshop, thank GOD Sunway has many workshops nearby. My colleague bargained the price for me and they changed 2 of my tyres.

I got lectured about not checking this and that abt my car by the MALE species.

C: How come ur car got 5 rims ?

Me: what is 5 rims ?

C: Slaps forehead.

Me: You mean those sports rims ar ?

C: No, i mean A4 paper rims....!

Me: he he. I dunno....my ex do for me last time.

C: Got check ur black oil one or not ? When was ur last service?

Me: Err...u check the sticker there..

C: Your sticker is old and can't see ur next service mileage date.

Me: Yes ar ? Err....??! I also dunno ler....

C: I wanna knock ur head d. Tommorow bring u service ur car !

Me: POKAI lah, now change 2 tyres, tommorow wanna service car ?

C: You wanna break down in federal highway without us here to help u ?

Me: okok....

C: Ur brakes pad need to be changed too! And maybe ur absorber !

Me: (i dunno wat the heck is an absorber but keep quiet la, colleague already gimme the look) OK, u bring me la.

C: BTW, why r u sitting here ? People change ur tyres u dowan to see one ar ?

(I was relaxing at the a/c room)

Me: What's there to see ?

C: See lah, what they doing....If not they simply do for u or change old tyres !

Me: So hot la out there.

C: You ar. BLUR CASE ! bla bla bla (he was toking some car things)


The Gym Incident

Nothing should deter me from my determination to have toned arms so I went to the gym and workout. Bloody dunno what i was doing, I accidently lock my locker with the keys inside! Oh GOD!! HELP ! I was only in my towel with my face flushed and body all sweaty after sauna. HELP ! HOW?! Dun't tell me I have to walk to my car in a white towel and bare footed ?? Come to think of it, walk to my car also no use, my car keys are also inside the locker !!

HOW ?! HOW ?! Should I walk to the reception (which is a floor below and u have to pass those people working out) and ask them for some help ?!

Luckily those washroom aunties came (i think they saw me panicking, my hair was in a mess and face all red lah - look like a mad woman i tell u) and I told them my "situation" They told me not to worry, they encounter this all the time and ask me to wait. After 2 minutes, aunty came back with this huge "break-the-lock" equipment (OK I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME - I AM A GIRL!!) and I got all my stuffs back in seconds =)

Friends

By the time I got to my car, I was feeling really down. What a day! To top it all, on my way home, a traffic police was right beside me and I didn't have my seat belt on! Sigh! I was thinking, there goes another rm100 but maybe he was also not in the mood, he didn't stop or give me any summons. A miracle !

Despite all the things that happened, I am feeling much better now after a nice shower and friends who gave me chocolates and friends who cheer me up with quirky stories. So what if I lose my money? I am still alive and there are people out there that care for me. I am indeed lucky and I wanna specially dedicate this post to the LORD for sending angels down to help & guide me =)

3 comments:

AndyC said...

learn to change tyre lah!!

there's this true story, a girl who din bother about the car besides put petrol and drive, all the servicing the father kautim.. din bother to learn bout it.. until 1 late nite somewhere in johor a tyre punctured, end up kneeling on the road begging people to stop..

Now, u wouldn't want that would you? ;)

The hard part is getting the nuts off - u shud get a custom long pipe ~1m length that will extend the opener so it can be opened *by hand* easily

Corinne said...

ahahha...me & my girl colleague cant even carry the spare tyre out of the car...

AndyC said...

i wouldn't worry about it so much, quite a number of people have a baseball bat under the SEAT these days.. can always argue there's no point in having a heavy iron pipe as a weapon cos for weapon usage, normally batons etc are very light.

i am not that heavy (~50kg no matter how much i eat) to open the damn nuts.. even standing and jumping on the wrench.. so how?