Tuesday 2 September 2008

Shopaholic no more

Reading the shopaholic book has made me realise that there is a person out there that is so much worse than me and that is a huge relief because for the past few months, I’ve done nothing but spend and spend and spend. Some of the things I don’t really need. I do not know why I buy them.

An example is my gym membership. That’s so sad. I’ve only been there less than 7 times since June. I must start going again next Monday if not I will be wasting my rm99 per month. Of course, this is not call wasting money because I do need to slim down.

Anyway in the book, the girl’s father told her to either CUT BACK or MAKE MORE MONEY. Since I’ve just started my current job few months ago, making more money is not really an option now as I do not want to hop again. Maybe next year?

So my other option is to CUT BACK. That will be my new resolution for this month. This will be a good option as I do need to save for my trips next year. I’ve booked for a Macau/HK trip next July and hopefully I will be heading to Europe in October (trip has been postponed from this year) I’m excited for both trips because for HK, I finally get to eat those delicious curry fish ball and chee cheong fun (there....those that the tvb actors alwiz eat). As for Europe, it has alwiz been my dream to visit Manchester. I just have to go there OKAY!

Anyway, back to the cutting back part. So here’s a list of what I am going to cut back on:

1) Starbucks - There is really no need to drink coffee at Starbucks when there's free coffee at office all the time.

2) Bags – Do I really need so many types of different colors and sizes of bags?



















(LOOK AT THOSE LOVELY BAGS !!)

3) Clothes - My wardrobe is on the verge of bursting. I should stop. I wear the same and my most favourite clothes all the time anyway…..

4) Accessories – I don’t even wear them when I am not in the mood.

5) Make up – I have too many mascaras and lipsticks and god knows what else.

What else. Hmm…I’ll add when I think of more.

Perhaps I should sell my current books and clothes and all those bags. Hmmm….make more money. That’s a way...

OH ! I left out SHOES ! Right.

6) Shoes - No more new shoes until my old ones are all torn and the heels broke or something...black matches everything anyway...(consoling myself)























(LOOK AT THOSE LOVELY STRAPPY SHOES !!!)

Do you think I should stop going to cinemas too ? Coz I guess I should get cheap dvds to watch at home. But then those dvds cost like rm8. Going to cinema only adds an extra rm2. Maybe more, if you add in popcorns, snacks and drinks. But then, some dvds are really bad quality type. I'll think about this. Deception starts this week. My Ewan Mcgregor...sobs....

This cutting back thing will start tommorow =P

Since it only starts tommorow, I will go out now and buy my last Starbucks for umm this month? (C'mon, one Starbucks per month is fine - sometimes, we need to reward ourselves for being so disciplined, right? ) *keke*

No comments: