Sunday 21 October 2007

Aston Villa 1 - Manchester United 4












Goals by Rooney (2), Ferdinand, Giggs

What a wonderful midfield display ! For the first time this season I found nothing bad to say about Tevez, he was brilliant ! They are working well together. I particularly like those nice little 1 - 2 touches by Nani, Tevez, Giggs, Rooney & Scholes.

Rooney continued where he left with England. Too bad he didn't get his hattrick but he should save some energy for the Gunner's game in 2 weeks time. It will be a great game to watch, 2 teams playing so well.

The best thing about this match is it helped me win some $ !!! My first win with MU this season! I seldom bet on MU coz it's too emotional lah, imagine you see them losing and you urself lose money but sometimes emotions do get the best of me and even though i know they won't win I am still stubborn enough to place bets on them. A perfect example will be the MU v Milan match in last season's Champion's League. I didn't want to wake up at 3am to see them losing but this small, tiny, little hope candle was alight in my heart and I ended up watching the entire match, hoping till the final whistle that they can produce the miracle of 1999. Not only I lost my precious sleep, i lost $ (double whammed!) but all these can't be compared to the poo fans taunts:

"ha ha ha, champions in the domestic league but a mouse in europe"
(whatever the mouse means, no mood to decipher the meaning)

"let liverpool show you how to play at europe lah. We are after all the 5 times WINNERS"
(yeah, got thrashed by Milan didnt they? )

"You think ur team is like us, can comeback like we did at Istanbul ? It will be a repeat of Istanbul ! We will be the WINNER. Your MU can take the cheap league title, the europe cup is more important, more prestigious more bla bla bla"
(If i have to hear the ISTANBUL word again .......!)

2 comments:

Tim said...

Five times European champions but failed to win domestic league in more than a decade. Have they ever touched Premier League's trophy? (EPL NOT other top fligh or Division 1)

Aaron Tan said...

liverpoo?? pasukan lawak jenaka~~!!

istanbul?? bullshit la... besiktas also can whack them