Friday 24 April 2009

Road Signs

The road signs in our country is useless...if you do not have an 'accurate' direction or GPS, I suggest you get it before hitting the roads otherwise you will probably end up taking all the wrong turns and take a longer time to reach your destination.

I had to visit a customer in Kajang. It has been 15 years since my last visit and the only route I know is through Cheras. My colleague told me that it will be nearer if I use the Puchong way and go through Putra Jaya. He said to just follow the sign boards...

I know all about the sign boards but I thought that after several years, there had to be some improvements. Furthermore, it is a new highway, it shouldn't be as bad right?

WRONG!

Yes, there's a nice big sign that shows "Kajang" right before Puchong but the sign miraculously 'dissapeared' for the next 5km. Using my instinct (since my colleague did say it is after Putrajaya), I just follow the Putrajaya route.... After a while I reach a fork and still no "Kajang" sign. What is worse, they don't even write Putrajaya anymore!

Which one am I suppose to take lah? Left or right? die..die...

After 2 seconds of hesitance, I pick the right one and right after that, I saw the Kajang sign indicating that I should have taken the left turn. May I know, what is the point of putting a sign board just after people had already choose the wrong turn? They should have put up the sign like 1km before right? Which idiot design those road signs??!

I had to go all the way to LimKokWing University to make a U-turn and I saw that I am almost out of fuel. Great....I still do not know where is my destination. Driving along, I was on the lookout for petrol stations but there were none. I am not that worried because I know it should last me to my destination. After a few more wrong turns thanks to the disastrous road signs, I finally reached my customer's place.

On the way back, I know I have to fill up my car. I wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of the highway. To my utmost disgust, 3 petrol stations that I turn into (and mind you, they were quite far and isolated) were closed. What the hell ??! I saw a few Shell & Petronas lorries... if i ask them to stop, do you think they will donate some petrol to me? *keke* Actually at that time I was slightly panicky......but what can i do..............except P-R-A-Y...

I switched off my a/c (I heard the car won't consume so much fuel if you do that, dunt know if its true) and drove in the blasted hot sun for another 10km...

I finally got it filled at a petrol station somewhere in Puchong and bought my much needed water as well....

You know what??? After that..... I see a petrol station every 2km..................and they're all open for business...


Yes, Life is pretty funny sometimes..

1 comment:

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

sorry to butt in, but I can totally relate to this! every single thing, from the horrendous sign boards, the now-you-see-it, now-you-don't sign boards, to the nearly empty fuel tank due to getting lost.

once, when i was still new in kl, i was on my way from bangsar to sg besi....but somehow i must have missed the turn off sign, and the next thing i know, i saw signs saying I'm approaching melaka!! *slapping forehead*