Thursday 9 April 2009

Bangkok 21 - 24 March 2009

It was a suppose to be a trip to de-stress ourselves and I must say we did that very well, by shopping like there's no tommorow....



















Day 1
Woke up early to go to LCCT and while rushing, I slipped and fell down the stairs. Sigh...! Luckily i didnt break anything, just a few minor bruises here and there. I was afraid to let Libra boy know about this and quickly drew the curtains shut which made the situation worst because he saw what I was doing and suspected 'something'. Next time I should smile and *wave* so that I won't look so guilty.... Anyway I was given a stern look & warning to be more careful next time. The thing is, I am not a clumsy person. You can say I am a 'fast' type of person if there is such a category. I have a knack for rushing, I know it's not good because it means I always leave things till the last minute...

Libra boy then fetched me to LCCT (which was a very sweet gesture & much appreciated) Upon reaching, my 2 frens were already there (yeah yeah, I am late....I am not much of a morning person - getting up early is definately not my forte) We checked in and had Mcd's breakfast. You know what LCCT reminds me of? PUDURAYA. Especially the toilet. I will never pay a visit to their washrooms again. My breakfast was nearly puked out.

Upon reaching BKK, I lost my sunglasses. I've no idea where I left it. Probably at the counter. Oh nevermind, can always get a cheap one later. We took a cab to our hotel and reached about 1pm.

And the shopping begins....

We went to Platinum Mall and shopped till 6pm. I had the Thai fermented noodles for lunch which cost only RM4. I do not really like it as the noodles are kinda sticky.... The price on the clothes and accessories are amazingly low and I spent RM250 just on that few hours. After some rest, we went to Siam Paragon for our dinner and more shopping. Dinner was OK but a bit on the pricey side. We went back to the hotel early because Sop had period cramps (first day) and Sue suddenly started sneezing (her nose and eyes became very watery). As for me, my whole body felt like it has been beaten up (the after effects of the fall - Shhh! don't tell Libra boy...)



Day 2
Woke up about 8am... (we are still on Malaysian time and thought it was 9am) and went to Jatujak market. I had the duck fermented noodles this time and I am not eating those type of noodles again. It is just too sticky for my taste. We shopped from 10am - 4pm until our legs couldnt take it anymore. I was also starting to feel the pain from the fall and quickly bought some medicated plasters to try and lessen the back ache.

Dinner was taken at Central World and it's much nicer this time. I had my green curry chicken. YUMMY =)

We adjourned to Sky Bar after Sop did some bags shopping. The view is very nice, feels like the view in those HK TVB Series. You know how they drive up the hill and see the whole of HK City? It is something like that except that we took a lift to the err... 70th or 75th floor (i've forgotten) Well, almost similiar.....



Day 3
A visit to the Grand Palace. It's a beautiful place but too hot for my liking. The sun is scorching! I walked very quickly to any shade I can find while the other 2 took photos.

After the Grand Palace, we decided to go to Platinum Mall again. We have a few hours to shop before the dinner cruise later.

Time passes very quickly when you shop. We suddenly find ourselves late and may miss the expensive cruise dinner. It costs about RM200 per person okay....!!! I forgot to mention that traffic is very bad at Bangkok. There is traffic jams ALL THE TIME...!! Anyway Sop called the cruise people and they told us we can make it if we took the train. Fine....Told the cab to stop us at some station and we made it on time. It was the first time I have ever been on a boat or ship. I like it. Very much. The water & breeze was so calming that I nearly fell asleep halfway during dinner. I visited their cabin but it was kinda noisy. Don't know if I will be able to sleep with the sound of engines.


Day 4

Packed our stuffs and left at the hotel. Went to a nearby shopping mall to do some last minute shopping for souveniers and other stuffs.

Landed at Puduraya, ooops! I mean LCCT at 9+ and so happy to see Libra boy =)

No comments: