Friday 23 November 2007

The day England got disqualified from EURO 2008.....

Yesterday i had an important appointment and I thought that by wearing my lucky skirt + jacket, it may help me to close the sale. Again, i was running late (I watched England got disqualified from EURO 2008 earlier) and when i reach the office, i chose a newly bought (about 2.5 - 3 inch) stiletto heels shoes from the few pairs in my car. Feeling very sad (coz of the stupid England) but still SEXY (stilettos are suppose to make u feel that way) I dashed off to my desk to prepare whatever last minute things needed for the meeting. Actually, there's really nothing to prepare, just wanna look busy.

The meeting went well and I went to lunch at the sec17 chicken rice restaurant. You know the so-call famous chicken rice near the food foundry, where the owner dunt allow you to order roasted pork even though there's two big strips of it or ordering more than what he thinks you should have. I personally dunt find it so good but my boss wanted to eat, so there we go.

In the restaurant, i nearly slip. Hmm, must be the lack of sleep (a waste of it on a team that couldn't even qualify) and oily floor.

When it was time to go home, I punched out and walk down these stairs thinking to myself HOW CAN ENGLAND NOT QUALIFY ????!!!!!

















And then it happened......

BANG !!!

I had somehow slipped on the 3rd step and slide about 3/4 down nearing the end. My first thought was not the pain but how i must quickly get up to save myself from further embarassment. How vain right...hahaha....

My collegues rushed out and didnt see me lying there (thank god) coz i already stood up and was straightening my skirt. Both my shoes fell off to the bottom of the stairs, and because I didn't zip my handbag, some papers & lipstick flew out. I told them I'm fine and quickly collect my shoes & other rubbish and went to the car. It is only then that I felt the pain. OUCH !!!!!

There's blood inside my big toe and some skin got scrapped off my feet plus bruises which will only show itself tommorow or day after. Luckily I didnt break any bones or sprain anything major. And then i remembered.

There's a CCTV camera on the stairs.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

I hope it didn't capture the color of my underwear or the guards will be having a great laugh now.

Damn those shoes................

From now onwards, I will only wear stilettos for special dinners which doesn't involve stairs and pray that England will not get another lousy coach like Steve Mclaren.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Why someone would laugh at the colour of your underwear? Got a Hello Kitty imprint one?

Corinne said...

not laff at my underwear lah...laugh at my clumsiness....but they still get to laugh coz till now i cant really use my left hand properly..i think i sprain a muscle on my arm...sigh...
wat a terrible week....first england lost and then MU also lost....damn...

Wan Cheng Huat said...

aww.. that must have hurt.. hope you get well quick.. and may your streak of bad luck disappear..