Monday 12 November 2007

A blue Monday

At 7am, the alarm rang.

I reached over to switch it off. Arghh!! I hate Mondays. Silently counting the number of days left to the weekend, i drag myself to the showers.

After getting dressed, i looked at the clock and i am running a lil' late. Panicking slightly, I began stuffing everything from my small weekend bag to my normal work bag which is full of papers, pens, bank slips, lipsticks, mascara, access tags, keys, tissues, coins & 1 ringgits and god knows what else. Running down the stairs, I realise my car keys are still somewhere underneath that mess. Oh man !! Now i have to take everything out again. I just cleaned my bag on Thursday. How did it end up with so much rubbish again ?!

What a nice start to the week.....

Ok, no worries, it's only 8.10am, I will most probably be like 5 - 10 minutes late. All i have to do now is pray for patience to brace the Monday traffic jam which is alwiz worse than usual especially after it rained again late last night. I double checked that my mobile was in my bag and saw that I had an sms.

Hmm...... so early ?

I HOPE IT'S NOT ANOTHER WEDDING INVITATION ???
Recently, I have been receiving lots of early morning sms for wedding invitations........Please dunt let it be....!!! I dun't have enough money already !! I am actually quite broke next month coz i have to pay my car insurance + road tax and maybe need to change my car compressor and attend my best friend's wedding where i am of course one of the ji mui. She is having 2 weddings dinners, so i need to buy like 3 new dresses including one for the morning session. Can't wear the same dress to both dinners right ? That's girls for you :p


Well it's not a wedding invitation but it was from my ex, which is equally as shocking. He requested for a meet-up tommorow, his birthday.

I feel like i've just been slapped.

We have not spoken to each other for a very long time. Too long. No, don't get me wrong. We didn't have a bad break up where both parties ended up shouting vulgarities and threatening to burn each other house's down or felt the need to take out an ad on a billboard in the middle of federal highway, telling the whole wide world how we broke each other's heart.

Nope, nothing like that.

It was just the time to let go or stay together miserably for the rest of our lives. Of course I dunt deny that sometimes i do feel nostalgic and start to reminisce about the past and what could have been but at the end of the day, i know it's just my stupid hormones disguising itself and creeping into my mind.

After musing about this for a good part of the day, I have decided not to meet up. Why dig up skeletons that have been buried for so long ?

Do you know what is a lotus root ? One of my favourite is the lotus root soup.

Hang on, let me google for a picture....



Here it is :
















It actually has no taste, but it makes the soup sweeter (err.... i think lah). Did you notice that when you bite into a lotus root, there's those "strings" that is quite difficult to break and you have to eat and swallow the whole lotus root or those "strings" will just linger halfway there and look disgusting ?

Well, the lotus root is like my relationship with my ex. Over the years and numerous break-ups, there's always strings attached which is difficult to chew off completely. Strings are horrible, just imagine how the lotus root looks like when it's bitten halfway. You must cut it off completely then only will be nice right ?

I've had enough of half eaten lotus roots and have taken the final bite.

Cheers to a brand new day tommorow :)

4 comments:

Tim said...

You're lucky! At 8am my ar5e already firmly glued on office chair, not to mention waking up in this bitterly cold autumnal morning! Now I know why the Yanks call it Fall - coz you just don't want to get up!

Poor girl, had to google a picture to describe a Chinese proverb. Or you don't know this proverb?

taylors.ivan said...

Clever & witty. Love it.

Your other half should be someone like you else I get to read more horror dates ^.^

Look around you. He may have appeared.

Keep writing.

Corinne said...

tim i know wat its called in canto...want to find the picture only.. :p

ivan: thx

Wan Cheng Huat said...

LING NGAU TONG.. My fave too.. especially with peanuts :P