Monday 30 July 2007

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Review

After 10 years, this is the END. This is not a kiddie book anymore, it's all action, action & more action in the adult world of good & evil. I guess most HP fans have already read the book so it wouldn't hurt to reveal some spoilers here....umm...right ??

Not surprisingly I finished this book within one day. The introduction of many new characters, Harry, Ron & Hermoine's adventures, some deaths, some laughter all made me flip from pages to pages almost without any break-time.

It all started with Hedwig being hit by the Avada Kedavra's spell to Harry's shout of "Accio Hagrid" to Bill & Fleur's Wedding and to their "holiday" to find the hocruxes and the finale at Hogwarts. Along the way, their friendship was tested, some truths revealed about Dumbledore & Snape and why wormtail will regret the day Harry set him free at the Shrieking Shack. I still do not know why it is so important for Harry to have Lily's eyes but I would take a guess that it is because of its influence on Snape.

I like the ending and I am looking forward to read all about Albus Severus Potter and Scorpius (what a name)

No comments: