Tuesday 4 December 2007

Revenge of a loyal fan

It's amazing how a simple NOKIA standard sms alert tone can wake me up in the wee hours of the morning, whilst my alarm tone can ring non-stop and it will still sound like some kind of sedative music, making me even more sleepy whenever i hear it =)

Last night i was awaken by some sms by an MU fanatic.

At 0412 i heard beep beep, so i checked:
"Ronaldo 10 mins"
ooooh, an early goal (i thought)
Not bad.... ZZZzzzzzzz....


Then, at 0520, again beep beep:
"Ronaldo 58 mins Man Utd 2"
Okay, 2 - 0. Win already.

After a while of tossing & turning (i am now quite awake) I sent a msg over:
"Oi, FT already ? MU won 2 - 0 ?"

And i got this reply:
"Still playing. Wake up and watch. it's only 63 mins."

After some contemplation, i have decided not to leave the comfort of my cold wintery air-cond room and warm blanket BUT I CAN'T GO BACK TO SLEEP COZ I NEED TO KNOW THE FINAL RESULT !!!! Damn Jason HUE.

So i lay there, half sleeping, half awake, imagining what's going on with the match, when at about 0553, beep beep:
"Full time Old Trafford Man Utd 2"

Okay, now i can sleep peacefully. Immediately i closed my eyes and slept for another hour.

So why did some fanatic sms me when it's not even a big match title decider or the finals of Champions League ???

Well, it's all because i open my big mouth and teased that he was not a loyal MU FAN.....

This was what happened...

Few weeks ago, MU was gonna play Sporting Lisbon and he asked:

J: watching the match tonite?
C: already qualified, no need to watch lah. Prolli put all the young babies and lose 3 - 1. Waste of my precious sleep time.
J: Wah, you are not a loyal fan man. You must also watch the progress of the young babies. they are our future team you know?
C: aiyooooo i need to work lah. i dowan to purposely wake up and watch them lose...so free kah ? J: i also need to work but i will try my best to watch all of MU's matches no matter win or lose and blah blah blah (some examples of the matches he watched at 4am)

I felt a bit guilty but in the end, i still didn't wake up to watch :p

Then, the following Saturday, MU was gonna play Bolton and my fren has asked me to go for a drink at Velvet. And again, Jason msg me on MSN:

J: So....where will u be watching the match tonite?
C: not watching, im goin to Velvet
J: You rather go clubbing than to watch MU ??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feeling abit guilty....

C: no lah, tonite got special occasion
J: wat occasion?

(God, he sounds like Sir Alex Ferguson interogating why i am not doing my duty as a fan )


Quickly log off (pretend connection failure)

2 hours later i log on again and another MU Fan msg me.

H: Hey, where r u watching the match tonite?
C: ummz, im not watching. got something to do....
H: ohh, fren's wedding ar? Understood. Many of those around at this time of the year.
C: no ler, going velvet

immediately i got the biggest reaction ever....

H: YOU RATHER GO CLUBBING THAN WATCH UR FAVOURITE TEAM PLAY ???? MU NEED YOUR SUPPORT, YOU KNOW ??? THEY ARE PLAYING AWAY AGAINST BOLTON. AWAY LAH !!! AWAY YOU KNOW ???? WHERE IS UR SUPPORT FOR THE TEAM ???

OK LAH. OK LAH. ENOUGH !!!! I WILL WATCH THE MATCH.....!!!!!!!!!

It's not like i will get any money when they win or like im some kind of lucky star that will guarantee them a win when i watch them play. &^%$# ~

Plus, the HINDRAF riot sort of help me made up my mind not to go down to KL for drinks.

Well i watched and look what happened?

THEY LOST 1 - 0
No ronaldo, no rooney. All playing like they drank 5 barrels of beers the night before. For gods sake.... No team play at all.....

One week later, last Sunday, i was on MSN again with Jason.

J: Tommorow watching or not ? 4am
C: See how lah. Monday Bluez... You keep quiet and dunt start the guilty talk !!
I am a loyal fan OKAY...
J: hahaha.....I didnt say anything also....maybe i also not watching lah. Tired.

(Revenge time.....!!! )

C: How can.... ??? ur the LOYAL FAN !!!! u must watch !!! If not how ? MU SURE LOSE WITHOUT UR SUPPORT !!!
J: You watching meh ?
C: I watch or not is not important, coz ur the MOST LOYAL one, not me :D
J: Yeah Maybe I'll watch then. BTW, I feel like getting a tattoo

C: Cool, go & tattoo the red devil on ur arm....
J: no lah, although i love them, im not so GILA
C: Lidat means u are not a loyal fan. A loyal fan must tattoo the red devil logo.
J: Where's urs ??
C: You were the one that wanted a tattoo wot..... If i want to tattoo, i will surely put the red devil logo....that's LOYAL FANS......lolzz.....
J: Ok enough ar !

And so our Jason, the most loyal MU Supporter woke up at 4am to watch the match and felt the need to share the joy with me :p

This morning.....

Jason™ United We Stand says: real fans watch live
Jason™ United We Stand says: not sleep with air con
Jason™ United We Stand says: : P

CookiE® says: %$#@!

1 comment:

Tim said...

The best EPL match last weekend is Aston Villa v ARSENAL. The Gunners show a world class display in the first half but Villa work hard try to come back in the second half. No Cesc, no RvP, no problem!