Monday 27 August 2007

Manchester United wins their first match



"Phewwww " must be the sentiment on most of the MU fans around the world after the final whistle blew at Old Trafford last night. It has been a terrifying 90 mins after all the top 3 teams have won their matches on Saturday. I don't think I can bear to hear another taunt why my team is lying at the bottom of the table after 4 matches.

United started the game at 19th place (CAN YOU IMAGINE ?? 19th PLACE !! )

The first half didn't produce any heart stopping on target attempt, probably because of the lack of attacking force we currently have on the team, OR it was because Tevez is still crap. Dunno why, I'm not taken by him. And if the press/rumours is right, I will welcome Berbatov, though when Rooney is fit, I do not know what will happen then.

This 1 striker thingy does not work. How many times have I sat through the matches over the past few years, fuming & at the end frustrated at this formation. It may work for Arsenal (coz they had the brilliant Henry) and other European teams, but it's a no no for MU. Yes, there's currently no strikers because Saha is still having his long injury holiday (how many matches have this guy actually played? ) but maybe can slot in Eagles to partner Tevez, see how that will turn out?

Nani was not really brilliant, some exaggerated play acting (flashes of Ronaldo when he first played) but nice goal indeed. And Thank You.

We needed the win badly.

Up next is Keano's team. I'll stand by United of course, but damn, Keano was one of my favourite.

No comments: