Friday 7 March 2008

Massage Cupping


Last weekend I went for a much needed massage. Originally I wanted only the foot reflexology for 1 hour but I was quite attracted to this "cupping" massage and signed up for it. In the end, I spent almost 2 hours there and they throw in a free body massage for me which was awesome. I would like to do this again next week =p

The picture on the left shows how this "cupping is done". Cupping is said to help drain toxins and promote good blood flow while removing excess fluids/winds. One bad thing about this type of massage is, it will leave ugly marks on ur back for at least a week (depending on the area, some areas will be redder than others and will take longer time to heal). Another thing is you tend to feel slightly uncomfortable for at least 1 - 2 days coz there is open pores behind ur back, something like a "sunburnt" sort of feeling, itchy and sore. The good thing is, you will feel abit more healtier as ur toxins are being flushed out, but beware, ur pimples might pop out. Mine did.

Next I am going to try the fish therapy...












i heard you need to soak your feet/whole body in a pond and the fish will come and nibble away ur dead skin cells. I wonder if i will be able to control my giggles =)

No comments: