Monday 2 November 2009

The Grass Is Always Greener...

....ON THE OTHER SIDE.

How many of us can relate to this statement? Most of us. If you think back.

Human are all the time not satisfied with what they owned. They strive to achieve more and better things when what they have is already good enough.

When we look at other people, we sometimes wish to be in their shoes. Better life. Better bf/husband/gf/wife. Better financial status. Better family. Better friends. And the list goes on.

No matter how many of those motivational quotes we read that tells us we need to be satisfied with what we have currently, human tends to do the exact opposite at one point or other.

Why am I so interested in this subject? I have no idea. I have a lot of free time these few weeks. I am now wishing I am back to work.

It's funny. When I am working, I wish I do not have to work. You see? The grass thing again.

I have so many free time that I begin to look at what's happening to other people and what we talk about daily.

There's the single guy who wishes to have a gf so that he won't be so bored during weekends/holidays and have someone who loves him. There's the attached guy who wishes to be single so that he can hang out whenever and wherever he want. There's the single woman who wants to get married and have babies. There's those married ones who wishes they are not married. Well, you get the idea.

But I do not agree that the grass is always greener on the other side. We look at other people and we think we wanna be like them, so successful and have a loving family. Who knows what happens behind the scenes? For all we know, they might be successful but they are lonely or have some kind of ill-threatening disease?

As much as I hate to admit it, I do sometimes think that way. That's why I am blogging this post to remind me that I have to be satisfied with what I have now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

It's Me said...

Yeah...I like the idea of being satisfied with what u haf....but there's still lotsaaaa ppl who are not satisfy with what they haf...

It's Me said...

Yeah...I like the idea of being satisfied with what u haf....but there's still lotsaaaa ppl who are not satisfy with what they haf...

Corinne said...

it's human nature...
in the end, when they look back, they will sometimes regret